Thread: My parents
View Single Post
Unread 23 Oct 2006, 16:54   #31
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: My parents

I'd quite like to propagate my genetic material. I've always been quite fond of creation, in all wakes of life, and I can't think of anything more interesting to create than human life. I'd even say most people want to reproduce at a very fundamental level. I'm basing this on the fact at the most basic level your cells want to duplicate, and as you're basically a load of cell which can't duplicate anymore due to the restraints of the human form, you develop another mechanism to duplicate: reproduction.

Of course there are societal factors to take into account. You can't ignore the declining birth-rate across Europe, something that is said to be the result of a 'mature' civilisation sometimes. You can also look at the other end of the spectrum: in Africa women are said to have more babies because there's a lower survival rate; they can't take the survival of their offspring for granted, whereas in developed countries, we can.

If you want to relate this back to the original question, you could say that merely by being alive you've filled your part of the bargain. But then in my opinion society's not merely about being alive--it's about looking after one another so everyone ends up having an enjoyable life, another reason why you shouldn't dump your mother in a large ditch as soon as she admits she's having financial/physical difficulty.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote