View Single Post
Unread 24 Jul 2008, 18:21   #10
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: How much is PA worth? really!

When technology companies are valued typically the evaluation is somewhere between 7 and 10 times the annual income minus liabilities (debts). As far as I know PA has no debt so the actual valuation of the game is probably somewhere between $100k-$200k. I know that sounds insane but it's probably true. I know many will mock that number saying the game is terminally ill (see phil above) but I don't believe it is so, it has simply been very poorly managed (no fault of the PA Team) ever since Spinner left. With the right investment into the game and proper management the game could be turned around, the basic appeal of the game is sound. Its business model needs a rethink, but that's not the topic of this thread.

To answer the topic:
A. I've actually thought of buying PA (I'm not a millionaire, at least not yet) I figured if I could buy it for about $20k and put about $30k into it I could make the game profitable.

B. Because I understand what terms like "business plan" and "development path" mean and how to use them to make money.

C. It entirely depends on the management team of PA, with the current trend (the new owners are still an unknown, so I don't factor them in) I would say no.

D. Until someone puts forward a good business plan and dev plan I wouldn't be interested.

E.I work for PA as a non owner, so yes.

F. Currently I get credits, if I was to do serious work I would expect either stock or money just like any real technology company.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote