View Single Post
Unread 4 Mar 2010, 11:06   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: "this is a special round"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
JBG - is there not a slight fear that with the 100 man tag limits that there will be even more mergers between allies creating another boring block? I realise that with higher tags, some allies may feel less inclined to get involved, on two levels...they dont have the numbers to compete and also that others with big tags may not feel the need to ask as they're less likely to be overrun and overpowered?
Well, that depends on the rules for mergers. If they stay the same (I don't see anywhere that has said they won't) I don't see why things would change dramatically. Who exactly is going to have a full tag though? I haven't heard a single alliance come on here and say they would. "They don't have the numbers to compete" makes no sense at all to be honest. R31 saw 20-30 man tags take on ascendancy as part of a block. Why would the situation be different now?

Quote:
All I see from this is less fighting between specific allies (i.e. more mergers/naps), making this round as repetitive and boring as the last. Obviously, if you disagree, I'd like to know why...
I don't think there's a clear and miles away favourite alliance like last round. I think you could have tag limits of infinity + 1 and this would still make it a more fluid round than last round. I'd like to ask why you see this as causing less fighting between alliances?

Quote:
Personally, I've found the recent block wars completely boring and would like to see more allies fighting each other rather than working together.
And the last few rounds of 70 man tag limits really accomplished this? It's just how the political field has been set up recently.

Quote:
The only thing I like about it is that it implores HC's have to be more politically astute...
Personally I like it because it removes the cap on alliance growth. New alliances aren't some magical thing that spring up out of thin air because the alliance limit is sufficiently low. They just happen when a group of players feel like they can set up a new alliance. Larger tag limits should, in the long term, encourage slightly larger alliances and have the potential for dealing with an influx of new players (if that ever occurs) than a system which tells them that they can't get into the established alliances who are already full and must set up their own alliance if they want to play.