View Single Post
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 17:13   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Olympic Costs could hit £9billion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nondescript Human
I'm assuming you're not defending that behaviour, though?
Oh no. It's disgusting, but I don't think governments should be involved in this particular kind of activity at all (even within the framework of a capitalist/social-democracy/whatever we're calling it).

Even ignoring the ideological and economic issues I have never met a single person who cared about the Olympics (as an event) so even as a pointless vanity project this all seems rather strange. If we ever hosted the (football) World Cup then I could see more political mileage in it.
Quote:
Shouldn't all this have been done during the planning stage and included in the initial estimate, though? I've never worked on anything like this so I don't know how it all works, but I'm sure some of this stuff could have been better co-ordinated.
Yeah, definitely. This is all completely shameful, I'm just trying to offer some explanations as to why it might have happened. As I say, most of these things would have been predicted by someone, they just wouldn't want to have put it in the bid tender process in case it made it look bad (this is a more general social problem I think).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote