View Single Post
Unread 29 Apr 2008, 01:15   #28
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Students/Teachers: Microsoft Office 2007 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I don't see how you can appropriate
I didnt, you idiot.

Quote:
dedicated to the dead of another political entity and pretend it's about your country.
Its not, you idiot.

Quote:
It seems to me like a pretty desperate attempt to prop up an illusiory concept of a nation - which is not inherently wrong, merely silly. But it crosses the boarder into offensive when you steal the patriotism of other nations and pass it off as your own - can't you just lie outright?
It isnt, you idiot.

Quote:
And by the way it's not an ode
So what? Its still called an Ode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki Ode page, which Yahwe clearly didnt actually read
After Keats, there have been comparatively few major odes in English. One major exception is the fourth verse of the poem For the Fallen by Laurence Binyon which is often known as "The ode to the fallen" or more simply as "The Ode".
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki Laurence Binyon
This is most probably the most famous of Laurence Binyon's poems, one of the verses is also used world-wide as a symbol of remembrance for the war-dead of WWI. After the fourth verse (shown bold) is spoken, the last line is repeated by everyone involved in that act of remembrance.
Given that Gallipoli was a WW1 battle, this is fair useage. Further, it makes no reference to "British" soldiers only - the best intepretation would be that it mourns all fallen, irrespective of nationality.

Quote:
You're starting to make my eyes bleed - even a pretend nation ought to teach its citizens to punctuate.
And i enjoy every seconds of it.
:P
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote