View Single Post
Unread 10 Dec 2017, 08:54   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Roid destryoing covops?

You don't have to page me, I read everything. :P

In my mind, there have always been 4 distinct categories of ways to interact with other planets in Planetarion. Scanning to gather information, attacking to improve your planet, defending to protect your friends, and cov opping to hurt your enemies. The last few years, the waters have gotten a bit muddier, with Warp Core Sabotage stealing ships for a while, and Security and Network Defection stealing guards and agents, respectively. In addition to those, Bank-System Hacking and Structure Killers have always been the odd ones out, but by and large the interaction types I outlined above hold.

Given that, I think roid destruction is a fine cov op, in principle.

That said, I agree that destroying roids is not as good for your planet as stealing them: the amounts involved are negligible and the alert cooldown period stops repeated attempts, so not even a dedicated cov op team could seriously harm another alliance. Considering the general dislike of cov ops, though, I don't really see how we could improve the situation: either it's good enough to use, and everyone will hate it, or it isn't, and no one will use it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote