Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 16:15   #15
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: The BNP

Quote:
And if I believe that they are too stupid to understand that, I think vast numbers of them are certainly capable of swallowing the shite that spews out of Nick Griffins mouth...
Oi, don't talk about my MEP like that!

Lokken is right tbh (or the tv agrees with him!), its basically supporters of labour (and to a lesser extent, the tories) simply haven't bothered voting. This is indicated by the low overall turn out compared to 5yrs ago, and the fact that everyone's % support has gone up (but not actual number of votes), apart from labour's which has gone down.

Of course, that might not be the correct explanation of the statistics.

And also, the elections were soooo based on the expenses scandal, not the economy. Most people will appreciate that Brown has handled the economic crisis very well - though he might be to blame for it (not the american housing market, but the fact our country was in so much debt). Ok, tories might have done just as well - but then again, they might not have done. Is finding out worth the risk? On a similar note, even the most ardent BNP supporter knows that labour & co would be much better in an economic crisis than relatively uneducated inexperienced BNP candidates.

So I'd argue the economy has hindered the BNP, but the expense scandal has helped them - all balanced out.

Quote:
It's worth noting that the BNP are not the only far right party to have done well in the European elections. Fascists are celebrating all over Europe.
Only ones I can think of are holland (their #2 party) and, though not in europe, Australia. Tbh, Australia is how I would like to see England - immigration & such is allowed though monitored, but if you move to the country you have to accept their way of life, and live by it. Just like when people go to saudi arabia, or nearly any muslim country.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote