Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 15:50   #12
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: The BNP

Quote:
I was thinking of the truism that throughout recent Western history, fascists have exploited economic hardship to hoodwink less than intelligent voters.
Well, aye, its mostly people with hardships in life that will tend to vote for parties like the BNP. However, I daresay there's plenty of civilized people out there that on the one hand, don't want to vote for out-and-out-racists, on the other, accept that the BNP is the only party with decent policies on immigration & similar things. Or maybe the UKIP has too, no idea - the main parties certainly don't.

If the BNP gradually starts to come across as a serious party that doesn't actually have overly racist policies (I don't consider their actual policies racist ... ofcourse their leaders are blatantly racist though )... their votes migth start to change
newt is offline   Reply With Quote