View Single Post
Unread 3 Sep 2008, 06:43   #8
Jeekay
Jim Henson

Jeekay is infamous around these partsJeekay is infamous around these parts
Re: Jumping through hoops

There really aren't that many people in the 'people who make NG decisions' group and I'm pretty sure I'm one of them. Given that, it often surprises me how ready people are to complain on public forums about the incredibly bad treatment bad rules bad this bad that, and yet not a single one of them has ever approached us in a constructive fashion to discuss a way forward.

Rules are made by humans; they are not created by God. If rules aren't working, they can be changed. Complaining about them without even attempting to approach a way forward is not helpful for anyone. This is a good life lesson.

Having said the above, I can understand Jester's frustration. I wish he'd bounced things off me first but hey can't win 'em all.

As regards the channel limits, they like so many things are there for a reason. This does not mean that they can't change or that the resource usage cannot be reevaluated, merely that when those rules were made there were good reasons for them. Whether those reasons are still extant is certainly a discussion that can be started.

In terms of registration limits / supporter requirements, these were essentially introduced to keep P's resource requirements down. The structure behind this could certainly be looked at, as could other possible solutions such as a chanfix-style facility.

All any of this really requires is for people to approach us with an open mind and some constructive criticism.
Jeekay is offline   Reply With Quote