Thread: Stats Round 27
View Single Post
Unread 3 Aug 2008, 12:32   #338
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Stats Round 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome View Post
whilst this is true on a base level, there's also other things to take into consideration. the reason xan have always been "small and quick" is because they've been relatively easy to cover. terran fi with the amount of armour it's inevitably going to have, is going to be some effort to gather up enough def to cover in that one hour eta7 attacks give you. alternatively, xan bs or whatever is going to laughably probably only need 1-2 fleets as per usual their fi/co usually require, except now you have a whole 3 hours to find them.
I think all of these are fixable.

Xand CR is the same as xand FR/DE in terms of ally def - 2 ticks to gather defence as there is no eta7 anti CR. And the lower eta xand def (which is great at scaring xands) is part of an attack fleet, just like the pulsar vs xand DE last round. There is more time for ingal def ofc.

Terran FI: fixable again. EMP-ers are always challenging to cover, whilst xands are generally coverable with few fleets if the defenders are willing to accept losses. These are both present for terran FI, but I'm convinced they're not game-breaking. Can always nerf their E/R, for example. A target swap on the cutlass plus the phantom could ensure their power is restrained. After all, this round's dedicated anti CO fleets consisted mainly of CR based caths building beetles. Every other ally anti CO was an attack ship.

Quote:
if you're trying for variations you need to adjust the entire racial identities first: and then if you're doing that you might as well accept etd is stupid, cat doesn't work and go for a mash up of races and condense the numbers down.
I had a go with branched stats, and I'm sure others would do better ones. OMAC stated they wanted 'business as usual' for 2 rounds, and major changes would likely create a furore, so I decided to try this.

Quote:
edit: i've just had a quick look at the stats and there seems to be a potential for a lot of utterly useless ships to be about, not cool
ID them for me please? Would help.

The revenant and kraken look kinda useless, but my skim through found a use for everything else, if every attack fleet is viable. 2 useless ships seems an acceptable price - and revenant t3=fi may give it a niche anyway. We had the black widow last round after all.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote