View Single Post
Unread 18 Sep 2010, 01:03   #13
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Hurricane Katrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda View Post
Pay attention.

I didn't blame Katrina on Obama.

However, it wasn't Bush that screwed up either.

It was the Governor of the state of Louisiana (at the time a Democrat) and the Mayor of New Orleans (at the time a Democrat). It was the last 100 years (at least) of corrupt politics in the state of Louisiana and in the city of New Orleans which squandered the funds that they were given in the years before Katrina which were supposed to be used for reinforcing the levies. It was the same corrupt system in Louisiana which has squandered a lot of funds poured in there after Katrina.

I repeat, Louisiana is the most corrupt state in the United States and has been almost since the Louisiana Purchase.

My please more Obama was a response to MM's Palin in 2012 comment.

As far as the Tea Party goes, while I agree with many of their stances, I have the same problem with them that I have with the "intellectual" left. Too many emotional arguments and too little actual fact with logical argument.
Well my impression is that you're tying liberalism and corruption together as if one naturally leads to the other and there's no truth to that whatsoever.

There's also only a tenuous chance that a member of the Democratic Party is also a liberal, especially in the South.

This is something that bothers me about political discourse in general. In the general election it doesn't matter that Politician A was corrupt or has said something dumb, or <enter personality flaw here>. The time to vote based on things such as these are in the *primary* election when people who share the same ideology are competing to run as the standard bearer for that party's platform. In the general election I would never vote for Republican, regardless of whatever flaws or nutty youtube moment the liberal candidate may have had.

How this ties into this discussion is that corruption is not an ideological issue. If you'd like to convince me to vote for a Republican or a conservative, you'd have to address value differences I have with conservatism.

This extends to complaints about Bush. I would never vote for Bush because he is a conservative, but even if I were a conservative I wouldn't vote for him because he is also incompetent. Redressing complaints people have with his competence may or may not convince me that I was wrong about this issue, but it would not mean that I would vote for him regardless of the outcome. Complaints about Obama's competence, correct or incorrect, would also not lead me to vote for a Republican during the general election in 2012. Etc.