View Single Post
Unread 24 Dec 2006, 12:11   #22
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Who would you rather see win the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
Chelsea have no soul, no history, no joy.
This argument is bollocks. Wigan have no history, and I bet they are bloody joyful as to where they are. Now Chelsea have a history, they are basically a cockney club, not unlike Millwall, who spent their time between the prem and div 1. The thugs who used to reside in the shed on a saturday afternoon are probably happy as ****ing larry.

Quote:
More so than other premier clubs, their players are only there for the money.
There are plenty of mercenaries in our league, and I'm sure there are quite a few at Chelsea. The premiership's 2nd bottom club (Charlton) is a fantastic case of this.

Quote:
I quite like Mourinho though, he's an entertainer even if his team isn't.
I disagree. Lets face it they are the only team in Europe who we've seen able to compete with a fully fit Barcelona side and they do so with power. I think they're vastly improved by Robben, but I have no problem with a side that is solid and then uses an attacking gameplan later - this is tactics. Mourinho has brought tactics to the premiership, although that's mainly because he has the squad to be able to let him drastically shift them, with only 5 subs.

Quote:
It would be good for the game if Chelsea won nothing this year, so Man U are temporarily forgiven
No one minded Chelsea when Ranieri was in charge, I thought he gave it a good go, and was perhaps unfairly sacked, as it wasn't til the season after, that his really vital buys (Cech, Robben etc) came to the club. When Ranieri was in charge, I think it was good for the game if Chelsea won the league.

United are playing with something close to the verve they used to have, although they need a driving force in midfield to really fight chelsea to the finish. They are undoubtedly playing the better football - the goal difference says a lot. Yesterday was their most impressive result, I thought to make Villa look ragged was a pretty good show. At the minute, no side deserves to win the league more than United, and that's nothing to do with how Chelsea are playing.

What's to hate about Chelsea? Here to me are the real reasons:

They have fans who don't realise that a lot of their history is very similar to a lot of shit south london clubs, although okay, they've won the league once before. United have always attracted bandwagoners, as to be fair, they are one of the biggest clubs in the world, so idiots are bound to congregate but Chelsea, lets face it are a medium size club. They are giving it the big one at how they are such a massive club, but they are not a massive club. Maybe they are as big as Tottenham, purely because of their recent success. But Arsenal, United, Liverpool? Do me a favour.

They pay excessive transfer fees - this has caused football to suffer in two senses: the transfer market staying silly (£18M for Carrick, Benfica wanting £12M for Fernandes, Real have just paid over £10M for some young Argie) and Chelsea buying players just to stop other clubs from having them or treating players like trophies. The demise of players like Shevchenko (who does not belong in English football, he is different since he went to Milan), Wright Phillips and players that don't quite make the first team out of lack of football is a big miss for football. At the same time, they are encouraged to stay, because the wages are probably unreal. There's nothing wrong with spending big if the player is worth it but they just aren't.

Ticket Prices. I don't care if you are in Chelsea. £50 for a football ticket. It's stunts like this that make other clubs think it's okay to charge too much because they want to 'compete' and joe ordinary fan gets priced out. This is ****ing stupid.

Mourinho. Now there's a lot to love about him, but a lot to hate. His barracking of referees, this season especially has been shocking. It's as bad as United were when they started losing their dominance and resorted to hounding down the referee. Maybe like them he will learn and reign it in a bit. He seems to want to provoke people all the time.

All this bollocks about hating Chelsea/United is a load of rubbish, people hate them because they are winning and that's just jealousy. There are teams like Liverpool, Newcastle, Tottenham and West Ham who have vast swathes of fans who are so drunk on delusions of grandeur that when you think about it, they are far easier to hate. You know what I mean; fans who want to sack the manager one week then come out of the woodwork and call their team world class the next. It's these kind of spineless wankers we need to eliminate from football; just watch the scousers, when they win they are all out in uniform, when they lose there isn't one to be seen. The same can be said of the geordies or the yids who put fantastic amounts of pressure on their side if they aren't 1-0 up in 20 minutes.

No one really mentions any of them enough, probably because they aren't winning.