View Single Post
Unread 29 Jul 2010, 13:53   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Hi from a Jagex fansite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
I think this point needs more elaboration as it seems to be causing confusion on both sets of forums. I am only posting what I know second hand though, so I can't guarantee its accuracy.

When OMAC essentially closed down the game, they allowed PATeam to retain the codebase but not the name. The community (organised mainly by Lunar_Lamp) started gathering funds (donations, etc) to acquire servers to host the game under the new name Galaxytarion, for which Lunar_Lamp acquired the domain name.

When Fubra and Renegade Games acquired the game from OMAC, the need for Galaxytarion was gone; all the funds raised were returned to where they had come and Lunar_Lamp let the domain expire.

A month or so ago Jagex registered the Galaxytarion domain name as you are aware. This seems to match dates for when talks of Jagex acquiring PA started, whether or not the actual acquisition was made a month ago or only recently is unclear. The purchase of the domain could either be seen as preparation for the sequel Jagex mentioned (please don't, it's an awful name and I think both forums agree on that!) or an attempt to block Spinner, the original creator of PA, from creating a new game with such a similar name - rumours started about a month ago of him working on a new game in the same genre as PA.
Yes, this is a common miscomprehension that I think stems from our wikipedia article. I'm not able to update it via my work internet, if someone else could clarify it there too, that'd be great.