View Single Post
Unread 21 Jun 2015, 15:17   #32
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: The PA award ceremony. The real one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
Erm, a little I guess but not fully. You implied it whereas another senior asc said it outright. That said, it was on pm, hence why I didnt name you.
My implication was correct because frankly if CT/BF and others had begun to hit Ascendancy more and more than the most natural course would have been to approach Ultores. We already had seen more incomings on Ascendancy and Faceless prior to action happening against Ultores.

Quote:
That is not true. I made it quite clear that others would join you. I also made it quite clear I felt you could win/were favourites and I wasn't prepared to build a block to take on Ult and let Asc walk the win (as I believe is happening atm).
I repeated to you many times I would get you the support you needed but that I expected you to join.
I repeated to you several times that Ascendancy was never going to lead a block against Ultores. We are the 4th ranked alliance and the fact both the #2 and #3 alliance rhetoric was nothing would happen unless we set it up was in my opinion ludicrous.

Quote:
People didn't 'get their act together when they realised that'. They went after Ult because Ult were doing what they wanted and farming them. It was the only way they could reduce incomings, by hitting the people hitting them.
Of course it wasn't the only factor, but the fact Ascendancy wasn't leading a charge against Ultores meant others had to consider their own positions as Ultores weren't exactly going to sit back and do nothing and let other contenders win.

Quote:
They have indeed had a big shift in politics. But as I stated with the players you have and the way you took them from other alliances you have every right to expect to win and as such should be hitting them, in the same way as when we were in spore together I vehomently argued against any agreements with anyone who would be able to outroid us in a straight fight because to be the best you have to beat the best.
You seem to believe everyone who joined Ascendancy was of the opinion of playing their best and looking to win. That wasn't why Ascendancy formed. It was for it's former members to have fun together. Even now you still believe that Ascendancy is looking to win, when it isn't. If it was, then Ascendancy would have joined in the block war last week when it formed.

Quote:
I did ask Ultores. Their reply was 'I doubt we will hit Asc because we have Ult members in Asc and Asc members who share our alliance rooms.

I put it to you now that you wont hit each other for any military reason, but simply because Ult/Asc are so intertwined that hitting each other in any organised way would be near impossible. You are stuck in a position where you personally dont have anything like the control over politics that you need to conduct a war and that rather then try it is easier to bury your head in the sand.
Strange how we have been hitting Ultores members in galaxy raids (just like we have done with BF and CT members in our raids too) and not had any problems.

Everyone in this game has links to others and friends in other alliances, it doesn't mean the alliance won't hit another at all. The position of Ascendancy not hitting Ultores with CT/BF is because we don't want too right now. Likewise, we aren't hitting CT or BF with Ultores either, let's be fair on our neutrality.

Quote:
The current blocks arent far off being exactly the same as round after round and near identical to last round.
They would be different had Asc stepped up to the plate instead of bottom feeding.
Near identical bar for the blocks being fairly balanced this round. Let's be frank, you wanted Asc to lead the charge against Ultores and to you the fact we haven't is cowardice.

What happened to wanting to not have overwhelming power blocks, or does that only apply to if it's Ultores with the said power block? You would only be happy if Asc/Faceless joined with CT/BF against Ultores - which to me would be overwhelming for Ultores to deal with and lead to the end of that war within a week.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote