View Single Post
Unread 20 Jul 2007, 09:41   #327
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of
Re: [Football] Summer Transfers

Quote:
I don't really understand how many people need to say how many times that there was no precedent for a points deduction before people will shut up about it, and I don't feel like typing anything else into the abyss.
I think the crux of the problem lies here: the EPL seem to make up the penalties for these sorts of offenses as they go.

I daresay if MUFC* had done the deal with MSI, the penalties would have included decapitation, excommunication, a 30 point deduction and a fine which was actually proportional to the offense.

Its precisely the fact that they work like this, that WHU are in the mess that they are in now. If the EPL had any sane sort of process for dealing with stuff like this, the matter would be cleared up, but sadly, WHU would probably have had to suffer a far worse punishment than they have done so far anyway!

*I am being biased and partisan, but I suspect you could substitute Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool here too...
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote