View Single Post
Unread 19 Jul 2007, 15:21   #311
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: [Football] Summer Transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
my understanding of the Tevez situation was that he was contracted to West Ham, with what amounted to a 100% sell-on clause for Joorabchian. Since he's still under contract, WHU have no obligation so far as I can see to sell the player to United/give his registration rights back to Joorabchian etc etc, and the EPL are holding to this. Man United, with their customary approach to the sport, are ignoring this completely because it's inconcievable that a team could honestly attempt to not sell a player they want to them.

Tevez to United would require West Ham to cave and let him leave, which they have no obligation to do and which is unlikely to happen. Joorabchian would need to pay compensation out of the arse for it to happen I suspect.
My understanding of it though is the contract was in fact a 1 year loan with WHU. The remaining years of the contract were little more than options and required them to pay Joorabchian £30mill to buy the player. They did not take up the option (cos the FPL would have had to kick them out of the league if they did as that would haven't meant they hadn't ripped the contract up). Now because you cant just cancel a contract, both sides have to agree to it he's technically a free agent in my eyes as WHU haven't fulfilled the clause in the contract to keep him at the club.

It was exactly why mascherano could be sold when he was because they informed Joorabchian that they were not going to take up the option for him and gave Joorabchian permission to sell him on

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I know it's a game, and given that I generally play with random players (and in any case, most of my games go on for sufficiently long that my entire squad becomes regens) I don't think that any problems in that regard really affect me.

This discussion is about basing real life evaluations of players on FM/etc alone, which has the flaws that I pointed out above (that had only previously been implicit in the discussion).

On top of that, I said that it was "hard", not that they were bad at it. All you're doing is agreeing with me in a condescending fashion.
I Don't personally think there's anything worse about using FM as your basis of how good a player is than using what anyone else says about a player. If anything for many players it may be better than so called experts as the FM scouts are often club specific and have seen alot more of the player than some none specific.

In fact unless the players playing for a club you watch week in week out FM is probably overall better than even your own opinion as alot of players people have views on are players they haven't really seen too much of.

FM is obviously not some fountain of knowledge as its peoples opinions and it doesn't take in the external influences that can be the difference between an ok lower level player and a world class one BUT its a fairly well informed opinion on the whole
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote