View Single Post
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 03:27   #103
Czar

Czar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Are there any RP'ers in England?

Heh...

Well, since everyone is adding his or her two cents to the pile, here are mine...

I've seen all sides of this discussion, since I've been a Non-drinker for most of my life- until I hit 23 that is.
I had my reasons for not drinking, the two main ones being the simplest:

One: There wasn't a drink to be found that tasted like Anything I'd want to swallow. I abhor the taste of alcohol...

Two: I Hate to lose my self-control and composure.

Then, my best friend decided she wanted to get drunk. And, she did not intend to get drunk alone. So, being the friend I am, I said: "Sure, if you can find something I won't immediately throw back up, I'll get drunk with you! <Cough>Like Hell you can<Cough>"

Unfortunately, she being the friend She is: She found me something I could actually stomach...

...Crap...

Afer that, I was a Vodka-junkie.

Of course, because it was (virtually) my first voluntary drink- I was a Very cheap drunk that night. After that, I SLOWLY progressed towards other, different kinds of alcohol, but I still consider myself to be a moderate to light drinker.

Incidentally: She was also the girl that introduced me into other types of intoxication, that my country appears to be so D@mn popular for. Roughly the same kind of classification applies there- only a very light experimenter- and a Very infrequent one at that.

My point (I know, Veeeery long in the making) is:

I can still very much enjoy a sober party, but there is something to be said for intoxication.
I don't see the point of drinking oneself into a stupor though- a buzz should be enough for anyone.

What kind of effect said intoxication has on each person is up to that person. And yes, I also hold annoying/agressive or whichever kind of negative drunk fully responsible for their actions, since you should know what kind of drunk you are before you expose others to your drunken self.

Thus -assuming that I would/could actually make it- the fact whether or not alcohol would be served would not be a factor in my decision at all.

There, that should more than make up for several months of missed posts!

Czar