View Single Post
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 22:40   #47
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Religion and the truth

I don't see the bible contradicting itself that much, almost everything is about respecting eachother
Even those 'contradicting' examples about taking care of your brothers wife

The only reason that I don't believe is that it contradicts to much with reality
I shall give a few examples..

It's not so much the stories itself that I doubt but the basic idea of a 'caring' god, while it doesn't shows
And setting certain rules that go against human nature

We 'are' killing machines, and we are build for sex, make no mistake about it
We are fkin monkey's for crying out loud, why can't we simply shag a stranger senseless
According to the bible we are not even allowed to grab a neutral object because someone else tagged it
"That stone is mine, don't touch or you will go to hell"
I don't even understand why god wants some people to put glasses on their heads to make them see like their supposed to
Does that add a certain flavour to their lives that is needed in their test?

It doesn't makes much sense to me

Yes, I don't know what started all this, how earth was created, or what the deal is with the big bang if that even happened
but my lack of knowledge doesn't justify believing in a good god
A god that tests the creations that he created himself, and gave a predestined path, directly or indirectly
A god that even tests religious old people by letting them live like a plant in pain and suffering for 20 years, before dieing an weeklong painfull death
In a state where they cannot affect anything, but somehow will make them regret their non existant sins

God works in mysterious ways?
What is 20 years of pain and suffering when they get an eternity of [something] afterwards?

Sorry, my logic fails me here, but if god exists he will surely forgive my ignorance, caused by the inferior brain that he gave me
I don't think even the pope can explain this god thingy to me
I know that I will have to think towards 'free will' and 'selfless love' if I want to understand it
Feel free to try and explain all this if you think your know something I don't

Last edited by Alessio; 16 Sep 2006 at 23:40.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote