View Single Post
Unread 16 Sep 2006, 16:54   #25
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: Religion and the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
Deuteronomy 25:5 and Leviticus 20:21

It appears that no one in your class was particularly hard working or bright.
And you prove my point 100%. When those two verses are taken out of context they do indeed apear to be incontridiction. But when you look at the context of those two verses they are not in contridiction in the least. The verse in Deut is about when the husband is dead, the verse in Lev is about while the husband is still alive and you are therefor comitting adultry, which is against the bibles teaching. Cheers.

I really don't intend to get into a defense of the bible arguement either, I just like offering other perspectives on things. The only real good arguement I've heard so far is from JonnyBGood about the bible defying the laws of physics. There are plenty of good and interesting arguements both for and against the truth of the bible. In the end it is up to you to make your own choice about the validity of any spiritual text. My only challenge to this group is to do your own research and to not to rely totally on the words of others, or what you see on TV. While these sources are sometimes right, other times they are most certainly wrong. Only by careful and honest study can the truth be determined.

#strategy

Last edited by Monroe; 16 Sep 2006 at 17:00.
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote