View Single Post
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 05:21   #1
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
The Sol War: 2065 Behind Enemy Lines

It is a dark day for the Sol Commonwealth, the former undisputed governing body of the entire solar system. It is March 15th, 2065 - the day that Majestic Inc. launched a massive and unstoppable assault against Commonwealth holdings throughout the system. Caught virtually unaware of Majestic's intentions and the true extent of its military power, the Commonwealth forces were outmanned, outgunned, and outfought. Save for a few minor skirmishes, the Majestic forces won every major battle, gainning control of most of the inner solar system in the space of mere hours. Perhaps most importantly, the back of the Commonwealth forces located on Earth - easily the largest and most powerful grouping of Commonwealth military - was utterly shattered. But although Majestic has won the openning moves, there is still cause for hope - Earth is a large planet, and even with its vast resources Majestic cannot hope to destroy every Commonwealth base; kill every Commonwealth soldier. There would be survivors, both military and civilian, that would despise Majestic for its overthrow of the government, a government that had provided peace and prosperity for the past fifteen years as mankind spread to the stars. And these individuals, in the coming days and weeks, would rise up from the ashes of their world, and fight back. The battle has moved away from Earth, but the war is just beginning . . .

/ooc Alright, rather than a remake of the classic thread, which seems to die before even reaching the second page, I've decided to adapt a different tactic and set up a different story in the same universe. In addition, I'm planning on starting a new, main storyline thread up again at some point in the near future. That thread, should it ever get off the ground, will pick up where I left off so long ago, with the evacuation of Commonwealth forces from Earth, and what happens to them from there. /ooc

Here's what I need from you d00ds:

Name:
Former Job: You can either be an ordinary civilian on the day of the attack, a New York City Police officer, or a Commonwealth Defense Force soldier. Civilians won't get much in the way of starting equipment, and it's possible that they will spend most of the thread seperated from everyone else (living in an occupied city and all). There is currently a limit of two characters that can be Commonwealth Defense Force soldiers.
Class: (there are three choices: WAVE, Gunship, Powered Armor. WAVEs are giant walking mechs, Gunships are a cross between fighter jets and helicopters, and Powered Armor is infantry). Obviously, a civilian probably won't have any trainning in any of those, but then, s/he could always be simply a retired/discharged pilot.
Background: where does your character come from? Important pivotal moments in his life, etc . . . whatever you want to include.
Other: Any other information you want to include on your character, such as hair/eye color, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.

Last edited by Inspectre; 14 Jul 2005 at 21:26.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote