Thread: G to the De-tox
View Single Post
Unread 29 Jul 2008, 09:02   #31
Prover

Prover is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these parts
Re: G to the De-tox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow View Post
Logic is completely different, it's the process by which we infer and deduce things starting from other things. It's more fundamental than language and completely, unreservedly correct when used properly. Whereas language is never completely "correct", logic always is. I also don't see how it's a way to simplify things, it's more a way to describe things, simplification is not necessary. Could you explain how you think that is?
I think this inference is backwards. Logic is fundamental to what...nature? How do you figure? How much do we really understand about nature to say in all "correction"? I argue that language is more-so fundamental with respect to human nature for constructing meaning. Humans know more about humans than they know about nature. Do you not agree? I argue further...

So a rock is what it is: a rock. To a petrologist, a rock is a form of igneous sediment crystallized granite mineral heat ashes energized molecules strong chemical bonds atoms etc. Break up a rock, and reduce its meaning. Less information has more meaning. This suggests there is no intrinsic meaning in material things. Since when you lose a sense of order, you also lose a sense of meaning. I explain more below.

Do you think everything is pointless? To say so is incomplete and inaccurate. We might not see an ultimate point, but we do see a distribution of points (on a wave function) that become more ordered in time (in their destination). This "plot" we see is based on the concept of entropy in statistical mechanics. Where a loss of information comes from a loss of randomness, and so the maximum entropy is assumed for the most probable explanation of a physical system (Boltzmann).

It's also what I mean by the probabilistic nature of the universe. To be more correct, it's the probabilistic nature of humans looking at the universe. Time is chance, so I infer '4D'-thinking. God might not play dice with the universe, but it seems the universe is playing dice with God.
Prover is offline   Reply With Quote