Thread: G to the De-tox
View Single Post
Unread 27 Jul 2008, 23:27   #11
Prover

Prover is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these parts
Re: G to the De-tox

Tomkat: my intentions were clearly to spark a healthy debate for those interested in spirituality. Yet, people give me bad rep for being obnoxious or what not. They could have just ignored this post after reading my purposes, if they were not interested, but no.

Deepflow:

You give a valid point of the objective-subjective duality being in terms of 3D-thinking. They are probably interrelated in the 4D sense. I just meant to emphasize a connection between nature and human beings. In my mind, all of our language/logic and creativity is used to simplify things that we have yet to understand. So when referring to those expressions, such as art, I use the term 'un-simple' to be logically consistent. I was using the movie twist because I thought it was an obvious example, so not to get complicated. A more phenomenal example is in regard to the golden ratio. This reoccurring proportion in nature is used in the various arts such architecture, painting, and music to synthesize an essence of symmetry. What's interesting is how science is the polar opposite of art, in general. (Note: the golden ratio is a tool which essentially balances the scientific and artistic aspects). Science is mostly about reductive and deconstructive techniques to make "advancement", while art is more about reconstructive and abstract reflections. That's basically what I was saying about a shift of context. Do you not see what I mean now?

You also highlight something about the significance of art. Whether art seeks a faint purpose or not, I just noticed I was arguing for its relationship with Love precisely backwards. You said, "art for the sake of the good or the beautiful would be a far more popular opinion than some underlying purpose." I would argue that good and beautiful stem from something much more immense. That is love. Love brings about art. You cannot argue with that. I know many different emotions also bring about art, but my emphasis is on love. I would say this is a most common theme in artistic circles. It also relates nicely to the paradox I explained at the root of our feelings with love. I am aware of my generalizations, but there is no other way to build a short account of my reflections.

Telcontar: my words are not empty to yours truly.

Last edited by Prover; 27 Jul 2008 at 23:52.
Prover is offline   Reply With Quote