View Single Post
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 17:31   #49
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of
Re: For all those outthere wanting to hear something about brazil

I used being a communist since my early teens - up until i was 20 or something, because that was very hipe and cool ( chicks love it, means you are very sensible and not a souless egoistic capitalist pig). Actually, its pretty easy being a commie in brazil due to a simple statistic: 10% of the richest account for 47% of earnings and 10% of the poorest feast with 2% of the earnings.
I mean, if you arent a communist after seeing this ratio you must be an ignorant ****, am i rite?
Actually no.
I see that you took the time to make this elaborate emotional and ironic text but you could not refute most of the problems that happen over here.

You seem to think its fair this quotas stuff, am i rite? Let me tell you this much. There are public schools in brazil. There are public libraries. My very fiancée studied in a public school, and as she could not afford books she was most of the time in public libraries. She took tests in private companies that prepare people to Vestibular, and got a sponsorship for one year ( these companies love to show off when their pupils are approved in the vestibular) and she entered the uni with the highest grade in Law school, and 23rd in general, because she scored 91 points.

A fella that could not score 39 points ( i must stress that this is for medicine, the most competitive test) has never sat down to read a free book you can take in the public library. Has never stayed after a class in school, asking the teacher to give more material to study. Has never studied late at night after a hard day´s work. Never choose studying at home over going to the beach, hanging out with friends or family. I know me and my girl have, and we still do much of it.

Do you think that he would pull off something like this in the uni? When teachers barely know your name, where you have to study for yourself, with parties, pot, easy chicks, free alcohool?
Would you leave your children in the hands of such a doctor?

I am all for quotas. When it means helping poor people who study hard to study more. That would go on the lines of:
Not only getting people inside the uni, but giving books, money for food and a place to stay.
Requiring good grades throught the course.
Making rich people pay to study in federal universities. (things are so distorted as they are now that only rich people can get into unis, and when they get there, they dont need to pay, because unis are for free)

But if you want fairness, money should be invested in a quality public education system, or funding poor people in good schools since first grade.

Any of these two would be perfect answears for the problem, yet they manage to drown on the worst possible way: RACE

About police killings. Really. You dont know what sort of stuff is going here, so please dont try to understand. We havent got 'orcs' in favelas, we´ve got ourselves a nice army, feeding with the most profitable bussiness ever: Drugs, which you rich people of the world so readly consume. On the other side we´ve got our own army, which is feeded with our taxes. Brazilian taxes cant compare with brittish pounds, american dollars, or Eu´s euro. When opposing forces are simmetric, in a urban cenario, what can you expect but heavy casualties? Im sure you read all about stalingrad. Here we have it everyday. Pretty nice isnt it?

You were thinking about police X civilians eh?

too bad

What we got here is a huge company ( drug trafficking CO) trying to make a living despite the fact that it is a illegal bussiness. "Dont mind that, just hire a bajillion favela dwellers to do our bidding". And they do. Very well. You must have seen the footage of a police helicopter shooting at 'innocent' people running a few months ago, right?
What I think that they havent shown you is that the shooter was killed inside the helicopter a few days later. Coincidence? No. He drew traffickers blood, he must shed some blood too. Blood in, blood out, am i rite?
He was hit during an operation, died instantly, and his body was hanging from the helicopter for several minutes, until they decided what to do with it. I dont think you get much scenes like these in the UK, Am i rite?

And on the sanitation/NHS stuff, I am also all for it. the problem is that, as said before, all money taken from people to do just that goes into the workers party allies pockets. With the absurd ammount of money they take, they could have fixed this a long long time ago, but they havent. Have you heard of Renan Calheiros? He is just the mothership of all robbers that inhabit out government. We feed millions of them. How much do you think it costs us?

Instead of trying to fit me into a square ( the square of wifes of loius XIV ( bah let them eat cake(which is the cartunesque view of leftists on people who are not comunnists)) take for a circle, which is simply people trying to have a conversation about stuff. You dont seem much of wanting to have one at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Do not despair muslim. Despite the horrors you face it could be worse.

I mean...despite the dictatorship, the Brazilian upper/middle classes still enjoy vastly superior standards of living to the rest of the country. They can expect to live up to fifteen years longer than their distant relatives among Brazil's poor or so I'm told. This could be because of disparities in health but more likely it's probably that the paler skinned wealthier Brazilians are like the Elves from Lord of the Rings. The favela dwellers are of course orcs - violent, evil hordes who breed far too quickly.

So the orcs children are three times more likely to die before their 1st birthday than the wealthy kids. So what? A poor woman has, what...500 kids? Who cares about losing a few when you've got so many? And cos there's so many poor blighters, obviously they can't all receive immunisations can they? I mean...hello? We need to save them for people who matter, right? And yeah the wealthy continue to have vastly better access to higher education which then carries on with predictable impact on employment prospects and economic attainment generally. But that's common sense. Why would a dumb negro go to college? How is that going to help him clean my car?

And yeah the poor...lots of silly facts thrown around. Number without access to basic sanitation : ten million. Yawn! Number who encounter semi-regular malnutrition : thirty million only a few years ago. Poor people don't get hungry like other people - and anyway, they can eat their kids if they really get hungry. And then there's overcrowding, poor standards in housing construction, unemployment, blah, blah, blah.

And then there's the violence. We have murders in the UK of course - 850 in 2002 for example. But you guys - same year - almost fifty thousand. Wow! Needless to say it's those ghastly urchins who end up dead (thank the lord!) And yeah, some of the fifty-thousand may include the thousands of people the Brazilian police are said to have bravely shot. But that was all in the line of duty. Even the ones found shot in the head with their hands tied behind their backs. Resisting arrest you see. Those damn bolsheviks at Amnesty International put the figure for 1999 to 2004 at ten thousand police killings, but why count dead cockroaches? Plenty more where that came from.

What I'm trying to say here old chap is don't despair. It could be worse. Not that this means I'm sort on Comrade Lula mind you. Let me be clear : This dictatorship that is robbing you of your hard-earned money sounds pretty ghastly. Full of rotters who just can't wait their turn!

Why can't they wait for economic growth to deliver the benefits it promises to all? I mean, when I was young, we didn't have broadband. So we waited, and Maggie Thatcher (god bless her) came along, privatised BT and we all got broadband a few weeks later. Because we waited our turn. I didn't go round committing crimes or bleating on about Human Development Indices.

Of course, some might argue it's a tad easier to adopt a "wait for the market to sort it out" approach when you're not living in a miserable shack in a disease violence plagued favela somwhere wondering how you're going to feed your kids....but that doesn't make any difference to me.

After all, fairness is fairness. The politics of envy is a disgusting thing muslim and you're right to make your case against it. I stand shoulder to shoulder with you.After all, I worked hard to get the opportunities I got. For example, I was born. This took months of effort and meant I was automatically wealthier than most of the world's population. A fairs days pay for a fair days work. The Brazilian poor just need to pull up their socks, get on their bicycles, work hard and one day maybe they'll come out of my mums vagina too. If they're lucky, they might even get broadband...