View Single Post
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 20:34   #28
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of
Re: tackling def whores

furball, firstly I am not Rikard.

Secondly, I have no problem with gosu members defending each other.
I just personally believe that it should be done either within the framework of an alliance or, within galaxies.

I think you are missing the point: "Why should we assume that a player wants to be allied with his friends?"
Why do you continually allude to this? Where have I ever made such an assumption?

I have played this game since round 4, and in every single round I have played, friends have also played and have not been in my alliance, am I really unusual in having only defended them when they happened to be in my galaxy?

I honestly believe (possibly wrongly) that the vast majority of out of gal, out of alliance defense is not 100% honest, and I certainly think that it would be a very interesting experiment to eliminate it for a few round.

Don't the honest alliances who get accused time and time again of only achieving what they have, as a result of loads of VNC activated support planets, with fleets composed of nothing but one ship type, deserve to be vindicated?
Perhaps more importantly, those players in alliances, or playing with friends in galaxies, who cannot be as active as they like, but nevertheless want to assist their friends by going the "def whore" route, need not suffer accusations that they are cheats, or multis.

I think that simply experimenting with this idea for a round or two, would go a long way to ending these accusations, and would really inconvenience very few honest players. I also think it would be much more effective than the current means of dealing with support planets.

Last edited by HRH_H_Crab; 24 Oct 2007 at 20:48.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote