View Single Post
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 02:42   #23
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Rating Web Design?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
1) Far too flashy - simple and functional is best. Your overuse of 'flash' graphics and texts detracts from the content.

2) Why are you leaving almost half of the space unused (the huge black borders at each side?).

3) I dont think that bright blue on a black background works in terms of contrast. It irritates the eyes to look at a page like that for exetended periods of time.

4) Your links on the left are indistinguishable from your main text. EIther change their colour to a conventional hyperlink colour, or underline them, or just do anything that actually causes them to look like links. Also, you want some sort of mouseover effect on them as well.

5) You are using far too many colours for your main text. You have white text, blue headlines, grey text for the dates, and red text for the 'posted by' bit. This is bad. Use 3 colours maximum, preferably 2
Don't listen to any of this nonesense. I think it looks great. Fixed width is fine. And I like flashy, **** functionality. If it were a government site, I'd say yeah functionality is important, but man it's a game site, people are there to enjoy themselves, and I enjoy your design. If Nodrog cares about functionality let him use a text based browser. Also, standard color scheme for professional web developers is 5 to 6 colors. (Well matched colors).