View Single Post
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 13:26   #37
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
Re: Jesus rejected for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Luke 18:27 (NIV)
Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."
Jesus replied, "Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5)

And so on.

Quote:
I doubt my e-mail was the only one they received but evidently their actions required a readjustment of the situation. This is power of God.
Really? Whining emails are the power of God? I somehow imagined something grander than e-spam as being representative of the power of the allmighty.

Call me a romantic, but to me the 'Power of God' would be more, I don't know, God helping starving and loney children with food, shelter and good health. Not so much God (through the power of several hundred psudo-indignant emails) making sure 1000 children get a talking Jesus doll which spouts Bible verses.

Then again, perhaps it is God being good to his family, after all, it is illegal to make a direct representation of someone without violating copyright laws, so Jesus must be getting some sort of kickback for every doll sold. Maybe It's just God trying to help his son out a bit now that the carpentry business is fallen through...

Hey, you abandoned the other thread, you still not believe in random chance?

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote