View Single Post
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 16:25   #26
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Jesus rejected for Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
I don't think they have advertised or distributed their product much. I have not seen them picked up by any of the national Christian book store chains.
That doesn't sound like a very successful product/business plan to me.
Quote:
Seems like this article is generating more publicity that anything the company has tried to do itself.
Not being able to give their product away doesn't seem like especially good publicity, but maybe they're from the 'any publicity is good publicity' school of advertising.
Quote:
My main problem with Toys for Tots is that the toys were free and they rejected it. If I personally buy a Jesus Doll and take it to a Toys for Tots donation site will they also reject me?
Well, they'd probably reject your gift. I guess it's up to you if you want to interpret that as a personal rejection. I suspect they get a lot of gifts they can't or won't use (broken toys, toy guns, etc).
Quote:
Why do they even bother to collect and donate toys at this time of year if they reject religious based toys? Why not have this program around the 4th of July which is a national holiday in the USA?
Um, I'm guessing because there's no tradition of gift-giving associated with Independence Day (Fireworks for Tots?).
Quote:
I feel so strongly about this I have addressed my concerns directly to the Toys for Tots organization. I will follow up if I recieve a response.
You go, girl!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote