View Single Post
Unread 15 Nov 2006, 15:46   #24
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jesus rejected for Christmas

It's funny that people speak with remorse at how 'commercial' christmas has become in the modern day & age, but I say it was always a commercial venture from the beginning and the only thing that has changed is the currency.

There are too many variations on just how christmas came about for me to accept any one answer, however the one thing that is very clear is the holiday was never meant with pure intent. If I take Wakey's version for example then the commercial gain was an investment in more souls for their religion and with it more power or hold over the people.

Dress it up how ever you like, I still do not believe there is any pure intent behind christmas. This whole giving and goodwill thing is a farce, we all have our own reasons for celebrating christmas and something to gain from it.

I sometimes like to test the moral fibre of family and friends by not giving or accepting any gifts on christmas. When they look at me with stupor that I have not laden them with extravagant gifts I simply say 'My gift to you is love, Merry Christmas!'.