View Single Post
Unread 14 Jul 2008, 16:44   #41
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold
Re: Abuse of Position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
On the contrary, they inform you of a chain of events that would happen under a different set of circumstances, and serve as a pointer for others as a suggested course of action.
Your collective inability to argue rationally in the written medium does not discount their validity.
That different set of circumstances still don't apply here which makes it merely a pointer to what you would have done IF you would have been in place which isn't the case. Something like: If I was teh advisor of Bush the war in Iraq would not have taken place.
So imo at the end it still does not add a lot to the discussion.

Quote:
Then i would gladly wash my hands of them.
There is no room for any tolerance of cheats in this game imho.
Hold on a minute, are you questioning the decision of the multihunters here?
Would you have preferred they turn a blind eye to his actions? I sincerely hope not.
He has been punished entirely appropriately, neither excessively not inadequately.
I agree there is no room for cheats in this game. Though, offering someone a second chance is defendable imo.
I only pointed out the difference. I think he was punished appropriately by the MH. Turning a blind eye is no option for me and will never be. The remarks I made do say something about how I think about the other case, however.

Quote:
'do as i say not as i do' ?
Perhaps you consider the punishment too harsh because it was done to your alliance as opposed to another.
A closure is the only response to someone with multiple accounts.
Who can tell if his record is spotless? Absence of public closure does not mean absence of cheating.
Are you simply taking his word for it that he hasn't done it before, and wont do it again?
Would you take killmarks word that he isnt using bots?
As I remarked above: the punishment is appropriate. Mark being in an alliance I have HC'ed is irrelevenant to me in this case. He cheated, he got punished and it should be like that.
Of course the only thing I can say that I see his previous record as spotless. This does not mean you agree with me or even believe me. I would take his word indeed, but that is solely up to me, isn't it.

Quote:
Personally, I wouldnt even take the risk and would reject him. But then again, its your own alliances reputation that you're responsible for as a HC. If they want to let in a convicted cheat then on their own heads be it.
If the current HC decide to take him in I am sure they will take any risk into consideration. Then it is their decision to offer him a second chance to reestablish himself as a cheatless player. If it proves otherwise the consequences will be theirs as well.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote