View Single Post
Unread 6 May 2007, 22:05   #9
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football]Well it's all over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Chelsea lacked the necessary variety of tactics this season and given the size and depth of the squad I am not sure that injuries can be something to honestly complain about. Chelsea won an awful lot of last minute 1-0's this season it wasn't like they were playing unstoppable football and then people started getting injured.

United have been top for most of the season and have played some truly extraordinary football, so its not liked Chelsea lost the title, United were clearly the better side all in all. It might be nice next week when the 2 teams play each other and the pressure is off to see if Chelsea can play the flowing skillfull open football the players are clearly capable off.

In saying all that I think the fact that Chelsea kept the pressure up all this time and went on an amazing winning streak has made this season one of the most interesting for years. Also on paper its difficult to see why Chelsea wouldn't be favourites for next year if they have Cole back and can get the best from Ballack. If you look at United's squad it seems to be asking too much for Giggs and Scholes to pull out the same amazing season all over again.
Regardless of this and the fact that all sides have had injuries, Chelsea had injuries to several key players in key areas over the middle part of the season which is all about racking up result after result and have been hanging on for dear life and have just kept on winning. The last week or so they've ran out of gas and despite Mourinho being a twat recently, I've had every admiration for their attitude and commitment to playing the game. The recent comments by people slating Mourinho and the way Chelsea play are all absolute bollocks in my opinion, they play the way they want to and they are damn good at it. If Chelsea were my team I'd be ****ing proud of them cos they've had their backs to the wall for a very long time and performed very well regardless.

It's a shame really that the title had to end like this - I'd have been more satisfied if United won at Stamford Bridge for example or a team won it on the last day as it's been a long time since we had a proper fight to the bitter end for the title. I hope that while the game on wednesday is a dead fixture both sides go at it 110% to prove a point. As for Chelsea, I wouldn't expect them to play expansively for anyone. They'll go for the same pace and power as ever, trying to disrupt United and trying to find killer moves of their own when they are in possession. People might criticise them for playing as they do but they are good at it, it's not boring when they really go for it, so I'm just looking forward to two very different teams getting stuck into each other. Hopefully it won't descend into playfights or someithng.

United's ease at putting teams away during that time Chelsea were struggling has told and Chelsea just couldn't keep up and that's precisely why United deserve it. Chelsea have been made to look like a side desperately trying to avoid relegation rather than to win the title.
United have done it while playing football that people like to watch so well done to them. The win away at Bolton was a statement of intent but the win at Everton was the most impressive for me, simply because United pulled it out when really they should have lost and it's winning the hard games that make or break a season.

All money does is buy you players. It doesn't buy you a team or titles.