Thread: #forums
View Single Post
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 18:10   #56
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: #forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I am still awaiting a response from tomkat and/or koen or other concerned parties on this issue.

With baited breath!
You shouldn't have banned him in the first place for his quit message, it doesn't warrant a ban of any kind. You wouldn't expect the same thing to happen to you, you wouldn't ban me for it, so you shouldn't ban Koen. It's just not fair and is pretty much bullying.

Even if you take the ban off a minute or so later i still don't really support it, those kinds of bans are ok in small amounts when someone is just flooding the channel with stupid shit, but thats pretty much the only situation where it's acceptable.

This stuff was all well and good back in 2001, but I like to think that as a community we have grown up. making other people look small to make yourself feel good is ok, and it happens all the time on irc and here, but banning them is the internet equivalent of punching someone, it makes an actual difference and isn't acceptable except under extreme circumstances.

Also, arguments that we should allow this kind of thing "because its the internet"* are only going to keep people thinking of the internet as a place for kids and immature geeks.

*hi deffeh