View Single Post
Unread 6 Mar 2007, 18:37   #9
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Are people in need of help or a smack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
However, I'm more interested in the first point. As far as I'm concerned, this is more of an economic than social reform. But what interests me is the assumption you need to force lone parents to return to work: the assumption they're too lazy to do so on their own accord so monetary threats are needed.
This is one of the most bizarre arguments I've heard. Noone is being forced to do anything here, they're just having support cut off at an earlier date. If you really wanted to know what % of people continued to receive support while their child was between 12-16 I'm sure there's statistics available somewhere.

edit: I'm not even saying this in a pro/anti-benefits sense, it just seems like a really strange way of looking at whats happening.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote