View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2011, 21:25   #4
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice
Re: Alliance/Galaxy defense fleets

Fully agree with this, in terms of the additional fleet slots you mentioned, I would stick to just 3.. but make 4 or even 5 a researchable addition. Should bring some new interesting tactics about, and it stops players bitching if alliance use fleet slots while they sleep/work and people can't attack as much as they'd like. (I'd make them 7000+ RP so they can't be rushed for abuse early on).

There is one more suggestion that can be rolled into this and that is shared scanning. Add scan requests to the alliance page which are carried out automatically by alliance scanners even if they aren't logged in (prioritizing who carries out the scan is up for discussion, not sure on this).

Yes this would be heavily automated, but allows scanners, who currently get little to no enjoyment out of the game to actually sleep without being called every 2 hours.

I think these changes would make defence easier at night and in conjunction with the removal of PL or some kind of night time protection make the game easier on casual players.