Thread: Age of Magic
View Single Post
Unread 5 Oct 2004, 17:56   #30
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road
Re: Age of Magic

Mad Cat, Mrmao

The mob stops short of the flimsy castle gates, which were mostly ornamental. There had never been any real reason to install strong gates, as a magic barrier usually protected the castle. Now, it was gone. The mob yells to the Queen, who in concern has emerged on to the balcony.

"Queen Alexa! Your time of ruling is up! We have suffered of thirst and hunger from the lack of crops long enough! Enough is enough! We shall rule ourselves, like the people of Kish! Surely we will be better off!"

The Queen shakes her head.

"Do you not see? Magic is being depleted from the land. If you were to rule yourselves you would not be able to find any sages strong enough to break the drought yourself!"

Angered at her retort, the mob moves to the herald.

"Very well........OFF WITH HIS HEAD!"

A sword is brought from the back, and the herald is brought to the front of the mob. A block is placed near the gate, and the heralds head thrust on to it.

Zappa

Arriving at the holy place at the base of the mountain, you find the Queens sages, desperately trying to cast spells, but to no avail. They are so preoccupied, they do not even notice you arrive for a good few moments. Turning, the water mage notices you.

"Aye sir? Is there something we can help for ye?"

FJ
What would have a week ago caused the water to instantly vaporize now brings it to a fast boil, after a few moments it evaporates all at once. The authorities look at you.

"Well that's the best we've seen today. Sir, we are in great need of those who can still wield the powers of magic. If we take you to meet the Queen, you will be sworn to an order of secrecy, in order to protect what mission you may be assigned to as well as keep the locals from panicking in any way. What say you? If you have any questions, I shall answer as best as the Queen has allowed me."

Kama
Making your way to the courthouse, you quickly find the chief judge on the front steps, talking with some of his advisors.

EDIT: I just realized I DMed mrmao into the wrong country. Obviously he had some sort of study to complete.......or something...........so mrmao, you're in Galusha for the time being.

--Mark Twain

Last edited by Zorro; 6 Oct 2004 at 19:47.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote