View Single Post
Unread 24 Dec 2006, 14:30   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Who would you rather see win the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
2 Goalkeepers? Okay fair enough and its shocking the injuries that happened to both of them in that game. But the thing that pissed me off about it was the press instantly saying you were going to buy buffon, or barthez or some shit because its expected that your prick of a manager can go suck off his chairman to get more money to buy the best players.
The press claimed that Kevin Phillips had agreed to move to Arsenal a few seasons ago. The press claimed that we'd be seeing David Beckham playing for Spurs. The press claimed that Dean Whitehead was going to Liverpool, that Buffon was going to Manchester United, that Trezuguet was going to Arsenal, that any player you could name was going anywhere. Chelsea showed that the speculation wasn't founded in anything tangiable, I don't know how you can blame them for it.

Quote:
And i dont know how you can talk about Shaun Wright-Phillips as thats another player youve literally ****ed up by not having any chance to play. When he comes on he's one of the players with flair and energy and normally creates a chance for himself and one for someone else in a very short space of time.
We must be watching a different SWP. When he comes on, I see someone who gives the ball away in dangerous areas, who doesn't track back enough and leaves space that can be exploited. Joe Cole had these problems, and more - but he removed it from his game, and were he not injured he'd be always challenging for a spot in the team. SWP hasn't, despite this being pointed out as a weakness in his game from the instant he arrived at Chelsea.

Quote:
Now on to being ripped off... Andriy Shevchenko. Doesnt start off very well so he's cut from the side, relegated to the bench and soon he'l be out of the club. Now i wouldnt be surprised to see Luca Toni or Torres come in for Chelsea in January. Just because you simply have a ridiculous amount of money that no team can match.
I would be very surprised if either of those came in. I'd be surprised if anyone came in.

On the topic of those two, Luca Toni is Italian, and italians rarely leave the Italian leagues, especially when they're at one of the better clubs or in the national team. People tend to be forgotten when they leave Italy, although how the former Juventus players do in Spain may change that.

As for Fernando Torres, he is not worth the hype. He scored fewer goals than Frank Lampard last season, in more games, and he's not having the best of seasons in Madrid at the moment. He'd be much worse than Sheva.

Quote:
Man Utd spent everything that had for Wayne Rooney who only now is coming really good
This has been, by far, Rooney's worst season, either in a United shirt or out of it. His touch has been off, he's been off the pace, his passing and shooting have gone awry time and time again. He scored a hat trick on his Manchester United debut, it's now more noteworthy if he scores a goal. He's improved dramatically from the start of the season, where he looked more like a striker from League 2 who's won a competition to appear for Manchester United, but he has been nowhere near his best. Just because Match of the Day and the like erase all possibility of a drop in form for the England Wonder Boy from history doesn't mean it didn't occur.

Quote:
Ruud Van Nistelrooy came to Man Utd and didnt score for like 11 games or something, Sheva has had 9 starts or something similar i believe and has scored and now he's cut? Shows how much of a prick Mourinho truly is.
The season he arrived, Van Nistelrooy scored in preseason, he scored on his debut in the Charity Shield, he scored two on his Old Trafford debut, he finished joint top scorer in Europe, set the Premiership record for scoring in the most consecutive games and was the PFA player of the season. You might be thinking of when he scored his first hat trick, which was in the middle of December against Saints.

On the plus side, at least you show a consistent disregard for the facts of football.

Back to Sheva, he does need more time to settle in the English game. Drogba certainly needed it. However, I don't think that Sheva was dropped in order to drop Sheva. It's no hidden secret that Chelsea have played better when operating out of the narrow 4-4-2 that having Drogba, Sheva, Lampard and Ballack in the same team necessitated. They're behind in the title race, so Mourinho didn't have the luxury of being able to wait for people to bed in correctly, and one of the four had to go. Shevchenko was playing the worst, so Shevchenko is the one that went.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 24 Dec 2006 at 14:36.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote