View Single Post
Unread 4 Mar 2010, 13:45   #30
adjuhh

adjuhh is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: "this is a special round"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Well, that depends on the rules for mergers. If they stay the same (I don't see anywhere that has said they won't) I don't see why things would change dramatically. Who exactly is going to have a full tag though? I haven't heard a single alliance come on here and say they would. "They don't have the numbers to compete" makes no sense at all to be honest. R31 saw 20-30 man tags take on ascendancy as part of a block. Why would the situation be different now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post

I'll forgive you for not keeping up with current events: cross-tag defence was made impossible last round. There were few complaints, so (as far as I know) it will be kept for r36.

I hope u do remember how r31 turned out for the smaller tags? I do recall the bigger tag to win. Everyone needed to work together to not make it the most boring round ever, with asc winning by pt100. For a while this was done, but it was clear from the start that asc would dominate. Which they did afterall, and most of the small tags ( at least Evo, where I played) got totally raped. Really fun round that was

Would that round have been more fun with lower ally limits? That depends on where u played, xvx and asc had an almost full tag, so they would say no. I'd say yes because then those smaller tags might have had a bigger influence on the round, because as you said, numbers are not everything, but having only half the members, that you just cannot compensate with skill/activity, because you just miss the fleets to do it.

So next round you say you haven't heard any alliance who will be playing with full tag? Then why have the alliance limits been changed that much? Ofcourse, if ASS (or any other alliance) has more than 70 members it would be a shame if they should say no to ppl who want to play with them. But they could also make the limit 80 or so then.

Last round most alliances ended with 40-65 members, this round Asc will play active again (i think?) and Exc is coming back, where do you find all the new members to make all those alliances have (close to) 100 members? Perhaps a very actively recruiting alliance can fill 1 tag with 100 ppl, leaving the others at ~60. And with the cross-tag defense removed, like Mz said, those numbers do make an even bigger difference, because the smaller tags in r31 could defend each other, that's not possible now.

I hope all the allies will be around the same size and the tag limit won't make the difference, but it could.
adjuhh is offline   Reply With Quote