View Single Post
Unread 22 Jul 2011, 20:03   #106
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nighttime protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Really this whole problem would be solved with a massive reduction in prelaunch times - maybe 1-2 ticks maximum allowed. This would mean that really if you wanted to, as a European, launch at 4am then you would have to get up earlier or to sleep a lot later. This i feel would promote a lot more 'day raiding' and 24/7 attacking, ...

... this would reduce the need for getting smsed at 3am (or supposedly phoned in Apprime (sod that)) as the incommings would be spread throught the 24 hrs rather than squeezed into a 5 hr slot.
You are again treating the symptoms instead of the disease. Back in the days PA didn't have prelaunches attacking was not spread evenly, why would it spread evenly now if we remove them? Removing PL Attacks would only mean that the dominant (read: most night active) alliance would have an even easier time growing even faster and would probably dominate / stagnate the game by midround. (Those who have played PIA will probably understand this faster than the others).

The only thing that will force players to spread their attacks during the day is banning nighttime launches. If you want to "reward" someone for being night-active, fine, do it by reducing construction / research speed or mining output during the night if you are not online. If you log on, then your speed goes back to normal. But don't encourage getting up in the middle of the night for roiding /defending!