View Single Post
Unread 17 May 2007, 14:47   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 'Base interest rate' and capitalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
But you wouldnt, thats the point. If fives had a repuation for being dodgy then youd surely try to get rid of your fives and hence use them as much as possible
Legal tender doesn't mean you're forced to conduct a business exchange though. I tried to buy something in a shop and someone said "No, I'm not accepting that, it's a fake mate." I had other money so it didn't matter, but what could I have done to "force" her to accept the money? Phone the police? Sue her?

And if I was really worried about getting dodgy fives, why wouldn't I avoid spending (say) £4 and then paying with a tenner (or other situations where I'm likely to get a fiver). Cash machines could be set up to give out fivers I guess, but aside from that, enforcing people accepting specific legal tender seems a bit practically difficult.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote