View Single Post
Unread 25 Apr 2007, 10:12   #9
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Segregation rears its ugly head.....again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
its pretty retarded/wrong, but:

1) Far worse things happen in hundreds of countries across the world and the continual focus on Israel rather than places doing more unseemly is obviously motivated by anti-semitism/americanism on some level - perhaps not by the people who pick up the story (ie you), but by those who are setting the agenda for debate.
This is a fair point, but essentially our government and that of the US isn't taking every opportunity to provide political, economic and military support to the governments of North Korea, Zimbabwe, Myanmar, the Sudan or whoever. And I'd say ties with, for instance, the Saudis, are criticised proportionally more than those with Israel when the extent of each is taken into account.

Quote:
2) Its not government enforced segregation and the people on the bus have no way to enforce their nonsense if others dont want to go along with it. This obviously doesnt make it acceptable, but it does make it slightly more benign than (eg) the history of black segregation in America/South Africa/whatever.
Actually, Egged's Mehadrin buses are state-subsidised...

Quote:
3) I dont think this applies to all buses, I believe most are normal.
...and while a single bus operator operating a perverse scheme on a handful of lines isn't on a level with apartheid, the fact that assaults are being made on women sitting at the front on non-Mehadrin buses while the government essentially finance it is pretty ****ing shite.

Quote:
4) Youre nuts if you think this is directly comparable to the position of women in Islamic countries.
it is comparable. It isn't as bad, but few things are: the point remains that an almost-secular government is more or less supporting an entertainingly awful policy of discrimination at the behest of the religious extremist lobby. Sounds pretty comparable to me!
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote