View Single Post
Unread 11 Nov 2006, 06:04   #11
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of
Re: A Day In The Life Of Hillbillies - Funeral Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
The two guys were apparently shit who didn't really care a whit about the deceased. Some women really know how to pick em.
Well, like I said, one was the ex-husband. Reading your post to her she said, "hell he loved her, she just couldn't put up with his drinking any more." So it isn't about not caring, it's more like he didn't think he could get through the day "burying his wife" as he put it without knocking back a few. This is the same thing with the other guy I was with, they don't drink pop, water, punch, or anything else but beer. The wife also mentioned I forgot to tell everyone that they were chucking the empty beer cans out the window after they were empty.
Quote:
What was your wife going to do had you not dissuaded her?
She was on the side of not liking the new husband and his family because of him essentially pissing her money down the tubes. She said if no one else started a fight she was going to.
Quote:
Why did you allow yourself to be palmed off on them after the first time?
Because she wanted to ride with the girls, and there wasn't room for me, and I sure wasn't in the mood to argue with her, plus at that point I was sure the trip back would give me more material for posting.

Going back to the why didn't her parents help her, they offered to help, and even volunteered to take her to hospital visits, and doctor visits and everything, but she wouldn't let them. She wanted to be independant and thought they were doing this to pry into her life instead of just help her.

Also, the wife told me it was something with her liver, that's what the medication was for to keep her alive long enough for a transplant. Sadly she ran out of time before there was one available.

My wife told me I should add that after sitting through the service with 2 church hymns that I told her since she don't like church hymns if she went before I did I would have them sing "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead", which she thought was funny and told me that was a good idea. I also told her if I went first to have my back on a spring board with a motion detector in front of the casket to scare people coming up to look at me.