View Single Post
Unread 15 Aug 2006, 14:53   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Time for a PA team overhaul?

I'd like to start by oddly thanking Phil M for his feedback. I think its clear at least that we are not doing a good job of communicating what individuals actually do etc.

I agree that we are perhaps getting bogged down in rules and policy at the moment, however I think theese are things that do actually need sorting out to ensure consitency in the future. Once they are sorted though it should require minimal effort to maintain them, so in a way this is a one time effort.

Yes unfortunatly PA:N is pretty much dead. As at the time I was Project Manager I have to take the ultimate responsibility for this. Basically we were too ambitious with the project and too reliant on a single person for coding (Kloopy, who unfortunatly had to pull back from a lot of his PA work for personal reasons.)

However, I think its clear that before we embark any any projects similar to PA:N in the future we need to make damn sure we know what we want with the game etc and what is going to make Jolt money from the game.

I agree there have been issues with staff rudeness and actions are being taken to address this - in fact a new department is being trialed within the PA teams structure to deal with the whole issue of people and organisation - though mainly form an internal point of view. If our staff are happier with us they are more likely to show that happiness to the outside world.

I think most of PATeam probably agrees that PATeam needs some kind of overhaul, however we also believe that needs to be linked to a vision we decide on for the game. For example there is no use appointing a leader if that leader ends up not agreeing with the long term vision etc.

Finally I'll address the comments about my Strategy role. I have been doing some inital work to try and address where we are at the moment, and what the game is all about to its current players. The next step in this will hopefully be some semi-public brain storming sessions to try and start to see a wayforward for the game. I would add though that dispite this round having a low number of players, its by no means the worsed round in recent history and we are confident of finishing the year on a high with round 19.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote