View Single Post
Unread 13 Dec 2005, 04:22   #1
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Stanley "Tookie" Williams (hey dda!)

ubiquitious bbc link

It seems to me that regardless of whether he was guilty, and regardless of what relatives of the dead might think, after a quarter of a century in jail this man had apparently grown, matured, and turned his back on gang culture. In an enlightened society, he might be considered for release, or at least moved to more comfortable conditions to serve a full life sentence.

Instead, governor Arnie has "wrestled with the profound consequences" and refused clemency (vote winner++). He'll die in 5 hours. If he remained alive, he'd continue his writing, maybe influence others for the better and save lives. For a country that claims to have a believing christian majority, it beggars belief.

What's with the 25 year wait before execution too? It's like people sat around and thought "what's the most inhumane way we can do this?"

However, I'm hoping dda will have some interesting background info for this story, as I suspect the way it's being reported, that America is executing a rehabilitated man, might not be quite the injustice it appears.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote