View Single Post
Unread 28 Aug 2007, 00:33   #238
Bedda0815
jerk

Bedda0815 is on a distinguished road
Re: Round 23 Ship Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
You don't need shitloads of wraiths. Their overall efficiency against xan fi is over 140%, that should be enough to scare any attacker with half a brain.
EDIT: If i were a xan wanting to play chicken, i'd actually hit with fr. Perhaps you should worry about the bomber and not the wraith.
additionally to this 140% (you're sure it's 140% as this sounds a little bit high when looking at the stats and I'm to tired to search for my pocket calculator now) the attacking xan will need to invest the bigger part of his fi resources into phantoms and not into banshees

the phantom is only better when attacking xan (who didn't built enought wraith)

against Ter (it's suecide anyway) you have to figth pegs so banshees are better
against Cath you have to get througth emp so smaller ships are better
banshees are better
against Xan phantoms are better due to the wraith
against Zik you've to fight buccaneers so banshees are better
against Etd: see cath

so against 4 races (only 3 of those are real targets the other one is a sueside mission) banshees are better
against the 5th race (which is a sueside mission) phantoms are better

additionally banshees are great for ally def against Zik De and in a teamup with spiders they are not that bad against ter de

phantoms aren't a match for BWs when defending against etd co and against cath co, cutlass are better than phantoms (banshees could possible be even better than phantoms in a teamup with cutlass, but again I'm to tired to search for my pocket calculator)

so i guess we won't see alot of xan fi fleets which are phantom heavy
and if there are some, i won't be upset if they get pegs incomming (as revenge for the last few rounds)
Bedda0815 is offline   Reply With Quote