View Single Post
Unread 16 Dec 2008, 20:52   #150
Zotnam
Over the moon

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future
Re: Bring back private galaxies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I wasnt really trying to point out that my galaxy is wtfimba, even though i think we've done well. My post was more aimed at Ave, trying to show that working together in a galaxy completly owns ignoring your galaxy mates.
Point is, you are only in the position where you can now defend properly in galaxy because of no incs for the vast majority of the round, thus the less active people in your gal actually have decent fleets instead of crap. The first two weeks is key for any gal wanting to be big and also key for the randoms. Your strat of keeping half active players only worked because of circumstances outside your control (this is otherwise known as luck) and a little because of no-one crashing/being fat (on that note I totally disagree with booji/londo hiding value in this gal, they should have dropped it much much sooner to make the gall look more unattractive to hit and have more ships to def with but in the end it didn't really matter since the gal wasn't involved in the war). You can plan to avoid inc to some degree but this round, this specific gal just got lucky, be thankfull for that instead of thinking it had anything to do with how you played.

Trust me on this, I've been in gals where we had little inc and therefor the randoms did well, I've also been in kickass gals where the randoms couldn't hold on to more than 300 roids because of constant inc, obviously the bp will prioritize eachother when being targeted more often, you simply need to.

Quote:
It doesnt matter if your galaxy mates are your alliance or not, you defend them and they'll defend you. Your galaxy is your strongest means of defence.
How can you say that and in the next sentence say:
Quote:
Why do you think the best alliance in the game creates fortress galaxys?
You make fortress gals (this means alot of one alliance in a gal, your gal isn't a fortress gal by any means) because it DOES matter which alliance your gal mates are, when I dc my gal I take over every ship of the allied planets and I co-ordinate ally def with what we can send in gal. I don't have that option with other alliances because they send random shit def and often ground ships as pure flak when other planets in gal could have used them more efficiently. When the planets I take care of are covered, I see what I can do for the randoms, people that prove themselfs to be active and usefull can be included later in the first group but that rarely happens tbh.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote