Thread: Plasma TVs
View Single Post
Unread 24 Jun 2005, 12:07   #37
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Re: Plasma TVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Rozenski
Whichever you get make sure you don't leave teletext, or any other static image on and go away for any length of time. We had two plasmas, ceiling mounted, at work with diagnostic programs displayed on them, and after a few hours on the first day we switched one over to something else and the meters from the last program were burned into the screen for the next 30 mins or so. I'd imagine this gets even worse with time, but I'm not 100% sure as we switched them for LCDs of the same size almost right away after we noticed this issue.
I think to solve this problem most plasmas can do a 'grey screen' for 15 minutes which negates the effects of screen burn.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote