Thread: Plasma TVs
View Single Post
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 14:34   #11
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Plasma TVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I can't help you but maybe someone could answer this question for me. Why do some of these new tvs have lights on the sides of them? I think they are called ambi-lights or something but I'm not sure. What is the point of them and what are they supposed to do?
These lights that your talking about are I believe only on Panasonic TV's atm and they are supposed to make watching the TV less stressful on the eyes. They basically act as a 'backlight' which relaxes the eyes and makes focusing on the image alot easier over a period of time

As for someone comments on the life span of a plasma tv, it did used to be a problem but most things ive read indicate that modern ones are now expected to last atleast 20-30 years which is longer than most people will want to keep a tv anyway

One thing for anyone looking to buy a plasma now should look out for is is the TV HD ready. Many plasmas arent going to be suitable for a HD signal and when your spending that kind of money you want to future proof youself somewhat so its worth spending a little bit more to ensure this. After all by the end of this year start of next the HD versions fo DVD's will be making an apperance, as will skys HD service.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote