Thread: Flip-Floping
View Single Post
Unread 26 Jan 2008, 03:13   #4
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flip-Floping

Its probably a universal trait of any politician, I don't know.

Here in Australia such flip-flopping is the norm. It seems there is a habbit of telling the public everything they want to hear to get into office and casually throwing all their promises out the window once they get elected.

I have traditionally always been a Liberal voter because of a lack of trust in the other parties, especially when certain leaders of the opposition (Paul Keating comes to mind) have so blatently screwed us over in the past.

Despite that for the first time in my life I voted for Labor at the recently held elections because of the fact that John Howard broke pretty much every election promise he made which was the foundation for my decision to elect him in the first place.

I can understand that ultimately the PM is going to look after the best interests of Australia as a whole, and that they may be privy to information that the public is not aware of. The problem is that without the election promises to which they base their entire campaign on there is nothing else to distinguish each party from each other.

This is the dilemma I faced at the recent elections, how can I possibly choose a party when I know they are all going to be as good or bad as each other? I might as well (and very nearly did) close my eyes and attempt to scribble down my preferences in some random order.