View Single Post
Unread 24 Sep 2006, 20:10   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [welsh question]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy
Also, my grandparents speak Welsh as their first language, and they assure me that to was illegal to speak Welsh.
I highly doubt that it was ever illegal to speak Welsh in general terms. Certainly the wiki entry on the Welsh language doesn't mention it that I can see, and a quick google doesn't turn up anything to support that either. It's possible that in specific contexts English might have been insited upon (e.g. in courts before the 1967 Welsh Language Act) but that's not really the same as it being "illegal" to speak it.

There is some stuff on the BBC site which indicates some organised prejudice against Welsh use in schools earlier on, but again it wasn't illegal. As Mitc notes, the insistence on English being taught isn't quite the same as banning Welsh either.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote