View Single Post
Unread 19 Dec 2006, 13:11   #17
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Finish this sentence: "I will probably have to punch someone if..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
First off, it's a REALLY bad name for a drink.
So is "Wife Beater" for a Stella, but noone gets arsey about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Secondly, it's part of a concerted effort by the makers of Southern Comfort to appeal to a younger audience. Which brings me to:
thirdly: Someone was PAID to think up such an abysmal name.
Fourth: People using it are buying into a totally artificial image.
Welcome to Marketing 101, dude

While you guys might think it's terrible, I bet that drink sales of Southern Comfort will go up by at least 20% after people see and hear this gimmick. Even if you don't like it, it makes you remember Southern Comfort at the bar when a bit tipsy and trying to decide which drink to buy.

For example - who had drunk Magners (or even heard of it) before 2 years ago? Then they throw a load of ice in a glass, say "Magners and ice is so refreshing!" and suddenly I'm seeing pubs full of people drinking the stuff, as it's "new and exciting".