View Single Post
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 18:21   #13
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Xp home --> xp pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Yeah I don't really see why they shouldn't work on XP Home. The only real differences are the already mentioned domain networking, and a few other bits like roaming profiles and other "corporate" features.

Out of interest, who told you that you needed pro and why, and what did they base that on?
I really should have been paying attention to this forum. Thanks for the comments guys.

Megla: To answer your question, I have a few programs that I get free from school because I'm in Computer Systems Tech. Most of these require xp pro to function. More specifically, my version of visual studio, SQL server, amongst others. xp Home also doesn't come with IIS, nor is it able to do the ASP.net bits that I need (in visual studio)... xp pro can.

Otherwise, you are correct... I really don't need it. Just... I have a messy project season coming up in september, and I'd like to be able to use my laptop to run the programs I need, as opposed to relying on the school computers solely
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote